ESE 2020 Mains Mechanical Engineering Conventional Paper I Previous Conventional Questions With Solutions ACE ACADEMY
OverViewIn UPSC Engineering Services, Conventional Papers have 54.5% weightage in the entire process of written test.
In UPSC Engineering Services, Conventional Papers have 54.5% weightage in the entire process of written test.
In Paper – I of Mechanical Engineering four subjects are included as follows:
03.Fluid Mechanics & Turbomachinery
04.Renewable Sources of Energy
The following approach is advisable to secure maximum marks.
- While solving any question the following appropriate steps should generally be followed. Steps will also have due weightage.
(a) Mention the given data
(b) Draw the appropriate figure, if applicable, with parts labelled properly
- State the concept on which the problem is being solved
- Write the relevant formulae with standard notations and abbreviations.
- Incase the question is to be solved from the fundamentals, necessary derivations should be done. Otherwise 70% of marks one has to lose. If the question carries more marks (like 10 to 20 marks) detailed analysis is compulsory to score high. If the question carries less marks (<8) the formulae with abbreviations and concept may be sufficient. In any case, the assumptions made shall be written clearly while solving a problem.
- The neatness and presentation of solutions will have 5% marks.
- Using short sentences and brevity in expressing the content is appreciated.
- Practice of numerical problems using calculator is very much essential instead of reading merely